Casual Creations by Superior Furniture - Freight Policy
All Common Carrier (LTL) shipments from Casual Creations locations will be “prepay and add” transactions due upon invoice unless otherwise specified.
Common Carrier (LTL) deliveries are “curbside” delivery only, meaning that the carrier delivers your items to the curb. You will be responsible for moving your furniture into your home or business. If you are a commercial delivery with dock access to accommodate the trailer, the delivery will be made to the dock. If you require “inside delivery”, you can request this service at the time of placing your order for additional fees (Ground Floor Only). The trucker may refuse inside delivery if it is not accessible and will place your furniture in your garage or an accessible room.
If you require lift gate service, you can request this service at the time of placing your order for additional fees. Someone must be available at the time of delivery. Customers will be charged for a return delivery fee if no one is available at the time of delivery. If you require prior notification of the delivery, you can request this service at the time of placing your order for additional fees. If the Delivery Company is unable to reach you to arrange for delivery; you may be liable for storage fees until you can respond.
Failure to return the call from the freight company will result in expensive delays, for which we will not be responsible.
“Truckload” deliveries not only require someone must be available at the time of delivery, but someone to unload the trailer.
Refusal of damaged Shipments – You will be liable for the cost of the merchandise plus all shipping charges from and to Casual Creations even if you refuse the shipment and do not sign for the delivery. You will be responsible for all shipping charges both ways.
Refusal of any other Shipments – You will be subject to a 20% re-stocking fee in addition to the cost of the merchandise plus all shipping charges from and to Casual Creations even if you refuse the shipment and do not sign for the delivery. You will be responsible for all shipping charges both ways.
IF YOU DETERMINE THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED A SHIPMENT WITH FREIGHT DAMAGE, SEE THE FREIGHT DAMAGE SECTION OF THIS POLICY.
Freight Damage - Orders are shipped Freight on Board (F.O.B) from our warehouse in Sarasota, FL. All prepaid shipments are the responsibility of Casual Creation from the moment it leaves our dock, but you as recipient have a responsibility to identify damage, note said damage on freight bill when receiving and notify Casual Creations of the damage.
DO NOT REFUSE THE SHIPMENT!!!
The following are the steps required for damage recovery to be successful.
1. Whenever signing for freight, always write “SUBJECT TO INSPECTION”. You are then covered, even if damages are later (within 7 days) found inside the boxes.
2. Whenever possible, inspect the freight before you sign.
3. Note on the freight bill any obvious damage at the time of delivery (i.e. box corners crushed, tears, rips, slices, marks etc.), be specific.
4. If you suspect internal damage, open immediately.
5. Even if no damage is suspected, open the carton(s) within 24 hours and make a thorough inspection.
6. After noting the freight damage on the bill of lading, you must call Casual Creations customer service to notify us of a damaged shipment. We will ask you to fax us a copy of the bill of lading that notes the freight damage.
7. Hold all damaged goods and their packaging materials for inspection by the carrier.
Collect or Third Party Shipments – If you request an LTL carrier of your choice, the shipment will be made with the stipulation that the billing will be either collect or third party. The dealer must provide a proper bill of lading and contact information for carriers with whom we have no current relationship.
All collect or third party shipment damages are the full responsibility of the billed party.